KSRA NYANZA CLUB KENYA CLOSED 2015 REPORT.
After more than ten years, the KSRA Nyanza Club Kenya Closed tournament, that was proudly sponsored by Nyanza Club and KSRA, was held at the lakeside city of Kisumu. There was a very good turnout of about 40 players and many supporters and fans from Kisumu and its environs.
There were many exciting matches such as that of the Chairman Mr. David Ngunjiri and Chirag Bayani from Kisumu in the plate semi final. D. Ngunjiri was very strong in the first 2 games and Chirag seemed to make too many unforced errors. When he cut those out and turned the intensity up abit Chirag managed to win the third game. The crowd was so supportive and kept encouraging Chirag all the way. It seemed that finally his game had begun from two games down and managed to complete a remarkable 3-2 win in the Plate semi finals but later lost to his counterpart Bhavia Shah of Kisumu in the Plate Finals.
We had a few junior players such as 8 year old Ilyaseen Nimji, who showed great talent and was courageous enough to compete in the main event. He showed a lot of promise and proved that within a short period he will be a force to reckon with.
The other junior who proved to be the King of Squash at the Kenya closed was 16 year old Harrow Sponsored, Muqtadir Nimji who was crowned the winner of the KSRA Nyanza Club Kenya Closed 2015 after white washing Leon Keya, another Harrow player, 3-0 in the finals.
The ladies event saw Salimah Nimji, lose to her daughter Khaaliqua Nimji 3-2.
The final results were as follows:
Main Event winner – Muqtadir Nimji
R- Up – Leon Keya
Ladies Event Winner – Khaaliqa Nimji
R- Up – Salimah Nimji
Main Plate Event Winner – Bhavia Shah
R- Up – Chirag Bayani
Youngest Player – Ilyaseen Nimji
Best Referee – Tauseef Khan
Due to the positive response of this tournament, Nyanza Club have promised to facilitate a bigger tournament in the end of the year with good prize money.
KSRA would like to thank Nyanza Club for their Great support in offering the facilities, Mr. Al-Karim Mitha for coordinating all the work in Kisumu and finally the KSRA team for making sure the tournament was a great success. We also thank all the players for participating and helping make the tournament a very successful event.
The Nyanza Club Kenya Closed Squash Tournament is finally here and below is the draw.
- Players need to register on arrival from 6pm, Friday 28th August 2015.
- Please be punctual for your matches or a walkover will be awarded 30 minutes after your match time
- Winners will be required to Referee/mark
- Incase of any queries please call 0733989232
We are pleased to inform you that we are finally going to have a tournament at the lakeside City of Kisumu in Nyanza Club at the end of August after almost 10 years.
FInd below the poster and details for the same.
RULES OF ENTRY
- Eligibility: Only players who are eligible to play for Kenya may enter.
- Entries: Entries for the championships must be received by KSRA by no later than 25th August 2015. No telephonic entries will be accepted unless under exceptional circumstances. No player will be entered into the draw unless the entry fee has been received by KSRA. Prior dispensation however maybe given in exceptional circumstances. Enter by completing the form below. Make sure you receive a confirmation mail within 15 minutes of submitting your entry.
- Women’s Events: There will be an Open Event of 32 players (depending on the entry). There will be a a 1st Round Plate.
- Men’s Events: There will be an Open event of 32 players . There will be a 1st Round, and 2nd Round Plates.
- Draw: All entrants will be notified of their Draw, so please ensure that your entry is completed in full. Please make contact with the Tournament Office if you have not been notified.
- Open Draw: The Open Draw will be done on Thursday 27 August 2015 at Squash SA offices.
- Rules: The Championships will be played according to the rules of KSRA.
- Balls: The Dunlop Pro Revelation Ball will be used for all events.
- Marking: It is obligatory for all players to mark/referee the match following their match, unless other officials are available.
- Entry Fee: The entry fee is Members: Kshs. 1000, Non Members: Kshs. 1200
- Playing Times: All players must be ready to play at their appointed times. If a player is not ready to play 10 minutes after the appointed time he/she will be scratched. (Unless the Tournament Referee decides otherwise).
- Clothing and Advertising: According to KSRA rules (available on request).
- Code of Conduct: KSRA Code of Conduct will be in force.
Main Event: Please phone the office on Thursday 27th August 2015 for your scheduled playing time.
Entry Fee payable to KSRA and is not refundable in the event of a withdrawal.
Tournament Convenor: Elizabeth Mulwa. Tournament Referee: TBA
- Tel: 0733989232
- e-mail: email@example.com
SQUASH PLAYER OF THE YEAR (2015) WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE FINAL PRIZE GIVING.
[formidable id=2 title=true]